Secretary / Treasurer
Jesús A. Izaguirre is assistant professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame. He is also in the executive committee of the Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Biocomplexity. He received a B.S. from Technologico de Monterrey (ITESM) in 1992, and a Ph.D. in computer science and a specialization in computational science in 1999. He is particularly committed to undergraduate education and is the recipient of the Outstanding Teacher of the Year award for the College of Engineering at the University of Notre Dame in 2005.
His interests are on computational biology, philosophy of science, epistemology, and bioethics. He is creating models that integrate insights from physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and computer science to understand fundamental biological processes, such as embryonic development, interaction of proteins within the cell, and atomic level interactions. He is particularly interested in the ethical implications of this kind of multidisciplinary research focused on biology, and on philosophical refutations of the materialistic foundations of artificial intelligence. His research is funded by the National Science Foundation.
- The Christian Idea of Work, J. A. Izaguirre, http://www.nd.edu/~izaguirr/webpage_files/personal.htm
- The Urgency of an Integral Formation, J. A. Izaguirre, May 1, 2002, http://www.nd.edu/~izaguirr/webpage_files/formation.html
- On Multiscale Approaches to Three-Dimensional Modeling of Morphogenesis, R. Chaturvedi, C. Huang, B. Kazmierczak, T. Schneider, J. A. Izaguirre, S. A. Newman, J. A. Glazier, and M. Alber, in press, Journal of the Royal Society, Interface, 2005.
- Predicting Protein-Protein Interactions from Protein Domains Using a Set Cover Approach, Chengbang Huang, Simon P. Kanaan, Stefan Wuchty, Danny Z. Chen, and Jesús A. Izaguirre, submitted, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 2005.
- Shadow Hybrid Monte Carlo: An Efficient Propagator in Phase Space of Macromolecules, Jesús A. Izaguirre and Scott S. Hampton, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 200, No. 2, pp. 581-604, 2004